Tax Preparation

United Manner free tax preparation begins on Saturday

Cora Easterday, United Way of the Ouachitas outreach and marketing director, displays documents that clients can use to pay taxes in their office on Wednesday. – Photo by Grace Brown from The Sentinel Record

Tax season is here and United Way of the Ouachitas is launching its free tax preparation service on Saturday for those who generally earn $ 55,000 or less, are disabled, or have limited English speaking.

Super Tax Saturday runs from 8:30 pm to 12:00 pm and allows employees to go to the United Way office at 233 Hobson Ave. to come to file their taxes with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. No appointment is required.

From February 8th, people can use the free tax service by appointment until April 15th. To make an appointment call 501-623-2505.

According to a United Way press release, IRS-certified volunteers are offering qualified individuals free property tax returns with electronic filing.

Video not running? Click here

COVID-19 pandemic security measures require people to sit in their car while their taxes are prepared in the United Way office. It will take approximately an hour and a half, depending on the return.

“On arrival, you will be greeted by our staff at your vehicle and given a form to fill out,” says the press release. “As soon as the return is complete, we will check the completed return with you in your vehicle. If you submit a joint return, your spouse must be present to sign the joint return. After your approval, we will submit your covenant via email and state returns and will provide you with a copy to take away. “

UWO requests to bring the following for tax preparation:

• Proof of identity in the form of photo ID.

• Social Security Cards or Individual Tax Identification Numbers (ITIN) for the person, their spouse and loved ones.

• Proof of foreign status when applying for ITIN.

• Birth dates for all persons in the tax return.

• Both spouses must be present for a married registration.

• All forms W-2, W-2G, 1099 and 1098.

• A copy of the federal and state returns from last year.

• Proof of bank account and sort code if you opt for a direct refund, e.g.

• Total amount paid to the day care worker and their tax number.

• Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received.

• All forms 1095 health insurance statements.

Sponsor content


Related Articles