The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation will host AARP TaxAide to offer free income tax prep at the Memorial Senior Center, 1800 Byron Street starting next week.
The services, which start on March 3rd and last until April 14th by appointment, are available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Drop-ins are not considered, so users must schedule an appointment by calling (915) 212-0391.
“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tax preparation office is only given. The taxpayer will make the appointment and arrive at the place, ”said the officials in a press release.
The taxpayer receives an admission form to fill out and is interviewed by a certified tax advisor who checks his / her documents. The taxpayer then leaves the website and calls as soon as their tax return is complete. You will arrive for a final interview to review all documents and sign the return.
What to bring:
- Photo ID of the taxpayer (s)
- Original social security cards or social security declaration (SSA-1099) of the taxpayer and all dependents
- All W-2, 1099 for Interest and Dividends, Broker Statements, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, CSA 1099-R, SSA-1099, 1099-G (unemployment) and other 1099 or W-2G (gambling ) Profits) that you received for the 2020 tax year
- The amounts received for the two stimulus payments
- All records in support of deduction if the resident plans to list or claim the deduction for charity (this year only, up to $ 300 in cash with receipts or canceled checks)
- Last year’s tax return for comparison
AARP TaxAide is a free service from AARP and IRS. It is available to everyone for free and you do not need to be an AARP member to participate.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (915) 212-0391.