Veterans and low income individuals and families can get free help with their income tax preparation needs thanks to Macomb County Veterans Services partnering with Macomb Community Action and the Accounting Aid Society through its IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program.
Individuals can qualify for help if they meet the following criteria:
• Annual family income of less than $57,000
• They do not have corporate returns
• They do not have foreign income
In-person appointments can be made by calling 586-463-2537 or online at macombca.itfrontdesk.com/apptonline/landing.html?client_code=MACOMBVT
Virtual appointments can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; booking online through accountingaidsociety.org/vita-ace or calling 313-556-1920.
Walk in opportunities where no appointment is needed are available at the following locations:
• Macomb County Family Resource Center, 196 Rose Street, Mount Clemens from 9 am-1 pm Saturdays.
• VerKuilen Building, 21885 Dunham Road Suite 10 Door F, Clinton Township from 9 am-3 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• VVA Chapter 154, 18025 East 15 Mile Road, Clinton Township from 9 am-2 pm Mondays.
Information on required documentation and information to have for your preparation can be found online at macombca.itfrontdesk.com/apptonline/landing.html?client_code=MACOMBVT.
— Macomb Daily staff