The St. Landry-Evangeline United Way is holding a free tax preparation event on Saturday, March 27th.
The program starts at 9 a.m. and lasts until 3:30 p.m. in the Evangeline Downs function room in Opelousas.
Families can join the free tax program if they earned less than $ 57,000 in 2020.
According to United Way, tax advisors can also receive an additional tax refund called an Earned Income Tax Credit.
For more information about the event, call 337-233-8302 or 337-942-7815.
What to bring
- Photo ID (both spouses, if they return together)
- Social security card for each claimant
- W2, 1099, 1098 and / or Social Security Profit and Loss Account
- Declaration on retirement provision at the end of the year
- Name, address, tax number of the child carer
- Record of costs (medicine, childcare, education, etc.)
- A blank check for direct deposit
- Tax return for the last year (if available)
- Receipts for charitable giving, business expenses
- 1095a Statements on the health insurance market (if any)
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or to report a typo / correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters sent to your inbox via email. Choose from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Specials
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube channel