The City of Avondale Neighborhood and Family Services have partnered with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and Turn A New Leaf to provide free tax preparation services to individuals and families with low to middle incomes.
New Leaf’s VITA program provides free tax assistance to households earning no more than $ 57,000 for generating taxes at the locations. Services focus on community members with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance with preparing their own tax returns.
Not only do VITA websites offer free tax preparation, they also help taxpayers apply for benefits they may not be aware of, such as: B. the earned income tax credit. VITA is offered as a dispensing service at two Avondale locations. This tax preparation assistance is available until April 15th in the following locations:
• • Walk-in service: Thursdays
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Family Welcome Center, 1642 S. 107th Avenue.
• • By appointment only: Tuesdays
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Avondale Resource Center, 995 E. Riley Drive.
• • By appointment only: Saturdays
8:30 am to 10:30 am at the Avondale Resource Center, 995 E. Riley Drive.
Visitors to the VITA website should bring the following items:
• When filing a marriage declaration together, both the taxpayer and spouse must be present to sign the tax return before filing it electronically.
• Proof of photo ID (taxpayer and spouse required for joint filing of a declaration of marriage).
• Social security cards or ITIN and dates of birth for everyone in the tax return.
• A copy of last year’s tax return.
• Proof of foreign status when applying for an ITIN.
• Payrolls (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, SSA-1099, 1099-Misc) from all employers.
• Interest and dividend declarations (forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV).
• Information about all other income (Pension Form 1099-R, Social Security Form 1099-SSA, Sales of Stocks and Bonds Form 1099-B).
• Documents for medical deductions, property taxes paid, mortgage interest, auto-registration, charitable donations – all added together.
• Form 1098-T from the educational institution to apply for educational credits.
• Amount paid to the day care worker, tax number and address.
• Forms 1095-A (Healthcare Marketplace), 1095-B, or 1095-C.
• Debunked copies of income transcripts from IRS and, if applicable, state.
• Proof of bank transfer and account number.
For more information, please call 623-333-2703. COVID-19 precautions and social distancing measures are in place.